Amazon Prime Now..Like Now!

Source



















I'm craving ice cream but the nearest shops are shut.
I'm desperate for chocolate but don't want to move.
I forgot to get bread and milk.
What do I do? Duh, Order from Amazon Prime Now.
I live in the middle of nowhere. My house is surrounded by fields and farms. It would be easy to get to the supermarket if I had a car, but at university I don't... And this is why I am sooo grateful for the service provided by Amazon called Prime Now! It has to be seen to be believed.
I'll admit I was sceptical at first. Downloading the app and typing in my post code, selecting what I wanted to order and then selecting a time slot. I chose the first time which was just over an hour from when I was ordering it. It all seemed too good to be true. No way could I just order food and have it at my door in an hour. I know take aways do it but this isn't a takeaway. I'm not ordering a meal for myself on a Saturday night. I ordered everything, frozen pizza, yoghurt, bread, ice cream, milk, cheese, potatoes. Basically enough to get me through the rest of the week without having to make the trip into town. They don't just stock food either. They have all sorts, books, electronics, jewellery. It really is the one stop shop. 
What makes this app even more AMAZING though is that you can track your order on the map. LIVE! You get told the name of the person driving the car and then you can follow their little dot across the screen. From the warehouse...To your house. As if I need another reason to love it.
I sat back and watched as my order travelled across the map. Sure enough as the purple dot hovered over my house on the screen, there was a knock at the door. My order had arrived BEFORE the suggested time. Everything was there, just as I ordered. You even get the chance to tip your driver on the app too, which I think is pretty cool. 
Since discovering this service a couple of months ago I have used it non-stop. To order a ton of junk food for the weekend or to actually order myself proper food to prepare meals with. 
You're given a £20 minimum order spend, for obvious reasons. They're not going to have someone drive to your house with one pack of chewing gum. With the £20 minimum spend you have to actually order enough to make the journey count. Which is super easy to do as the amount of choice on the app is unbelievable. 
I can honestly say that I love it. I use it all the time. The bad thing for some of you out there though is that not every postcode is covered. But, it's still early days and I'm sure that within the near future most of the U.K will be covered so that no one will have to miss out. 
So, thank you Amazon. You continue to amaze me! 

James 







James France

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment