The Million Dollar Question...

Recently, I've been getting asked a particular question over and over again. A question that quite honestly scares me. It scares me because I don't know the answer to it. At least not yet anyway. 'What do you want to do once you graduate from university?'  This one question has the power to send shivers down my spine and make the hairs on my arms stand up. I have no idea what I want to do... My usual response is something along the lines of 'Oh, I'm still thinking about it' or 'I'll have made my mind up by this time next year' followed by smiles and faint laughter. On the outside I am just another cool, calm and confident student who's ready to take on the world of work. But, on the inside I am drowning. 
I look around at most other people my age and they seem to have their lives together. They're either engaged or getting a house/flat of their own. Receiving promotions at work or traveling the world in order to 'find themselves' All while I'm sat here debating if I should order a Dominos for the second time this week (Of course I should)
Maybe one day I'll have an answer to this dreaded question that isn't followed by sympathetic looks and gentle pats on the back. Maybe one day when I respond I'll have people congratulating me and cheering me on as I tell them all about my ambition.  

   We'll see...

James

James France

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment