The Early Bird Definitely Does Catch The Worm...

My favourite place!
One thing you should know about me is that I love my bed. Probably a bit too much if I'm honest. Especially in the winter. You know the feeling. When it's cold outside and you just cocoon yourself in the duvet. It's perfect, it really is. Hot drink in hand. What more could you possibly want?
Now, for someone who loves their bed you'd think I'd be lying in it at every given opportunity and sleeping the spare time away, right? Wrong! I definitely consider myself to be more of an early riser now. Since starting my second year at university I've realised that time really is precious (As cliche as it sounds) Why would I want to lie in bed for hours on end when I could be put experiencing life to the fullest. I find myself eating breakfast at 8am! Being up at this time means I can get my like in order and already have 4 hours of the day behind me by the time anyone in the house begins to wake up. I love preparing breakfast when no one else is around to disturb me (I live in a house with 7 people! So the kitchen can get pretty busy) I feel like Matilda when she makes pancakes for herself. Absolutely loving it!
If you would have asked me a year ago to wake up before 9am I would have laughed in your face. I was rarely up before 11am unless I really had to be. 
So what changed?
Honestly, I don't have a direct answer for that. But I think it has to do with the fact that I like to be in control. Waking up at 8am I can have everything done by midday. Meaning I have the rest of the day to myself. Unless of course I have university lectures or work. But that brings me to another great reason why I love waking up early. Trying to balance my own personal life and university/work can be quite a struggle. Especially if I spend half of my day sleeping in bed. Now, I can almost split my time into two halves. Work and play if you will. Being able to walk out of the front door knowing I'm all up to date means I can relax and worry about the more important things instead. Like what flavour Ben and Jerry's do I want after dinner...Hmmm (Always cookie dough)


James 



James France

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment