Eat The Pizza - Insecurities...

When you look into the mirror do you like what you see staring back at you?
I don't just mean in the way you look. I mean literally everything. Personality, lifestyle choices, friends etc. Everything that makes up who you are as a person. As a species I think we can often be very critical of ourselves. Usually when there's no need for it. I use to be very critical of myself and what people thought about me. More often than not, no one was actually paying any attention to me, it was all in my head. I just needed to be happier with myself to realise that. 

As I've grown up I've realised it doesn't do you any good to care about what other people think of you. If someone doesn't like my dress sense, so what...If someone doesn't like the way I style my hair, who cares. Why should I care what other people think of me? Someone else's opinion of me is their problem, not mine.  I personally believe that as long as you're not hurting anyone else then go for it. Do what you want and live your life the way you want to live it. Eat The Pizza, as I've started saying. In other words, do what makes you happy without worrying about the opinions of others. 
Insecurities can be awful. Especially if they rule your life. I know people who's insecurities span across a whole range of things. Sexuality, weight, race, height, hair colour, music taste etc. People can be so quick to judge others based on what they see on the outside, without actually taking time to get to know a person on the inside. In a world based online, having people call you out on something is easier than ever. All they need is a username and a comment section. If you upload a video to Youtube or a photo to Instagram, you can be sure there'll be someone out there who has one negative thing to say. But it shouldn't matter to you. That's their opinion of you and shouldn't make you feel uncomfortable. Why should it? For every one negative person out there, there's 10 other people who think the opposite. 
I recently found a video series on the Youtube channel 'StyleLikeU' It's called The What's Underneath Project and I think its perfect for realising that it's not about someones outside appearance that matters. It's what's underneath. It uses real people to talk about 'self-image' It's inspired me to have a more positive outlook on who I am as a person and is something that's made me stop and think more about others too. People I pass on the street etc. (I'll leave a link at the bottom of this post for you to check it out) 
Do I have any insecurities? Sure, I've had a few. But recently I've learnt not to let other peoples judgement affect the outlook I have on my life. If I want two more slices of pizza, I'm going to eat two more slices of pizza without worrying what anyone else thinks. If someone has something to say about that, then I don't want to know. If I want to grow my hair then I will. After all it's only hair. 


So, if there's one quote I think we should always try and remember it's definitely this.
'Be Happy, Not Perfect'  

James 




James France

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment